Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) was established in 2000, but began its activity on the 30th of October 2003 with the publication of Aeronautical Information Package in accordance with ICAO standards of Annex 15 and establishment of the International NOTAM office.
The aim of AIS is to ensure the flow of information necessary for the safety, regularity and efficiency of international and national air navigation within the Yerevan FIR.
All information is based, conducted, published and distributed in the form of Integrated Aeronautical Information Package, which consists of the following elements:
AIS of Armenia consists of three interrelated departments:
- AIP (Aeronautical Information Publications),
- AIP AMDT (AIP Amendments),
- AIP SUP AIP (Supplements),
- NOTAM and PIB (Notice to Airman, and Pre-flight information bulletin),
- AIC (Aeronautical information circulars),
- Checklist and Summaries.
- Publication Department
- International NOTAM office
- Briefing Offices in each airdrome.
The main functions of the Publication Department:
- To publish and maintain Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) of the Republic of Armenia both in ring-binder and an electronic AIP on CD-ROM in formats:
XML - format for electronic exchange between computers,
HTML - format for publishing on WEB and for easy reading from CD-ROM,
PDF - is an ICAO standard format for paper version,
- AIP Amendment and Supplement (AIP AMDT , SUP),
- Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC) ,
- NOTAM Summary,
- Aeronautical charts.
Armenian AIP has distributed about 100 users both inside and outside of Armenia. Demo version of Armenian eAIP you can find on this website in section “Aviation Sphere”.
In 2007 Armenian AIS has fully migrated into European Aeronautical Database (EAD) as Data User/Data Provider. AIS Armenia as Data Provider is responsible for:
Publishing eAIP in EAD PAMS database,
Maintaining Static Data in the EAD SDO.
2.International NOTAM office
International NOTAM office is responsible to:
- Issue and distribute international NOTAMs series “A” concerning the airspace of the Republic of Armenia via AFTN using EAD INO DP.
- Conduct AIPs of other countries and eAIP libraries.
3.Briefing offices at aerodromes
Briefing Office provides the crews and airspace operators with all necessary pre-flight aeronautical information. Provided pre-flight information is the following:
- FPL and related messages,
- Pre-flight information bulletin.
In 2006 Armenia has joined the Eurocontrol CFMU, after which Briefing office began to perform its functions via CFMU database. It helps fast, timely and exact provision of FPLs and related messages via CFMU.
In parallel we plan to implement Integrated Briefing 6th level using EAD Briefing Facilities which will help users to get all pre-flight information from one access.
AIS operations are realized in accordance with international ISO 9001:2008 Standard. The certificate has been issued by the British company “BM-TRADA Certification” in 2005 and updated in 2008.